Thursday, July 31, 2014

Book Club: July

Hello Loves,

This was a good month for me to read! I don't know why but I got so many books read! (this is great for my 101 in 1001 haha!)

Bonjour Tristesse

one// Bonjour Tirstesse by Francoise Sagan
This one is short and sweet! A very quick and easy read. The chapters are nice and short and they keep making you want for more. As a typical classic the majority of the book builds up to a completely shocking ending. This one is perfect for summer because it transports you someplace new and exciting!


two// Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
I do not even know how to begin explaining this novel. It is a very fun read! Its the funnier part of Science Fiction. Be prepared to read a lot of explanations on things that do not exist.It is a great workout of the imagination. If you want a light and funny book to read this is definitely the one for you!


three// The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
When I started reading this book I did not know what to expect and while reading it I realized that never in my wildest dreams would I have expected what was happening. This book has it all: triumph, loss, happiness, utter despair, and everything in between. You will experience all sorts of emotions and somehow still relate to what is happening to Jeannette. Honestly, while reading it many parts made me unhappy but as I reached the end I felt like I really learned something. It is written beautifully. A sad story wonderfully told.


four// Looking for Alaska by John Green
This is a great book. It puts your life in a different perspective and really makes you think about the world around you. Beautifully written, this powerful work brings you to a time you may not have ever experience yet somehow you have experienced it. It is so matter-of-factly written that it pulls all the right heart strings. Definitely a must read!!

Happy Reading
XOXO
D.