Friday, August 8, 2014

How to: Make a Bow

Hello Lovelies,

My sister asked me to find her a good place to buy hair bows before she moves to her dorm. After thinking about it I told her I could make the bows for her! I have a ton of ribbon and I made bows for Big/Little so this shouldn't be too difficult. Plus no one will have the same bows as her afterwards!!!

Here's how I made them:

Bow Tie Bow
1. Measure out the ribbon. Make sure it's divisible by 3. 



2. Fold the ribbon into thirds. 


3. Pin the bow down in the middle to be able to sew it. 


4. Thread a needle and pass it through the middle of the bow. Then pull it over the edges and keep it tight this will become the center of the bow.


5. Tighten it. And knot it off. 


6. Heat up a glue gun. 


7. Measure and cut out a thin piece of ribbon that will be covering the string.

You can buy these in Michael's. 

8. Hot glue the small ribbon with the clip and put it on the string. 


9. Wear it!! And enjoy!!


Happy bow making!!
XOXO
D.