Monday, September 8, 2014

International Literacy Day

Hello My Book Worms!

I know I am not the only one here that likes to curl up with a nice book and enjoy the rest of the night enveloped in a tale written for me and my imagination. I love being able to curl up with a book and be able to enjoy it. From a very young age my parents stressed the importance of reading. They read books to us every night and we would read together all the time. That is how I started reading the Harry Potter Series.



I've always been a bookworm. I could not imagine my life without books in it. The fact that there are so many people in the world that cannot read saddens me. As of 2010 84% of humans above the age of 15 can read and write. This is a significant increase from previous years and I hope it will continue to increase. Reading and writing help to significantly change the world.


After reading I am Malala, I realized how important reading is. She was showing through her life experiences that with more education the world would be a better and safer place. Literacy will lead to increased peace, development, education, empowerment, health, and equality. It is so impressive how one little thing can be so incredibly important. Its funny how we do not realize how so many things deal with reading and writing. My dream would be for the literacy rate to be at 100% and for everyone to be a book worm!!

Happy Reading
XOXO
D.