Monday, June 22, 2015

TED Talks: My Secret Obsessions

Hello Loves,

I have a not-so-secret obsession with TED Talks..... I love watching them, I can spend hours browsing for videos and watching ones I find interesting or helpful. So I decided to compile a couple of my favorite videos lately.

one// Brene Brown Listening to Shame
This one was actually suggested to me a couple days ago and as soon as I watched it I favorited it. I think its one of my favorites because  can really relate to it. I know its a little on the long side but she is very entertaining and totally on the money (wow what an oldie expression).

two//Ziauddin Yousafzai, My Daughter Malala
I think this post is just turning into my secret obsessions...... I just LOVE Malala and this talk in which her dad, Ziauddin, talks about growing up in Pakistan as a woman. Honestly Malala is a hero of mine and I loved hearing her dad talk, he is just so proud of her!

three//The Joys of Surfing in Ice-cold Water
I didn't know people surfed in ice-cold water or that they loved doing it. After watching this video I need to try this surfing!! Too bad I get cold too easily and I can't surf for the life of me, but those are just technicalities.

four//How to Control Someone Else's Arm With Your Brain
Literally the coolest demonstration thus far!! Its the coolest neuroscience demonstration I've ever seen. I really do agree with Greg Gage, they should put more neuroscience curriculum in schools. Neuroscience has to be more accessible to the general public.


Image result for ted
I totally recommend getting a TED account so you can favorite videos to watch again later or save videos and come back to them. They also send you weekly newsletters with videos you might enjoy. AND TED has an option in which they will customize a playlist just for you. So many perks and videos so little time!



Do you watch TED Talks too? Which is your favorite?
XOXO