Monday, August 31, 2015

Book Club: August 2015

Hello My Fellow Clubbies!

I cannot believe August is over!!! August being over is basically the beginning of the end at this point. It means school has started, I'm a senior, and I'll be incredibly busy! I wanted to get so much more reading in this summer than I did, but now that it's over I feel like all my extra reading time that I didn't take advantage of is now completely wasted. Now this sounds like such a downer, but I am determined to make the rest of my months successful in terms of reading!! (Goal: read at least one book a month)


one//Swamplandia! by Karen Russell
This first one I read is just a really light, silly read. I totally enjoyed getting lost in the world of Swamplandia!  It was so fun to get lost and engrossed in this new world. It was an easy read and I'd recommend it when you need an easy book to pick up, that you can read when really busy this is the one you want!
two//Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
I am so happy I put this book on my list. Its one of those books you mean to get to but never get around to it, luckily I did. I thought it was going to be a slow read like Jane Austen, but I was wrong. It was a much faster read than Austen but remember it was written in the 1800s. I really enjoyed the stories and adventures of Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy. This book should definitely be on everyone's list!


What are you reading now?
XOXO