Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Coconut Oil {Hair Mask}

Hello Loves,

As my first installation of the coconut oil series, I decided to do the hair mask. This is one I've done countless of times on my sister's and my hair. It is super easy and incredibly conditioning for your scalp and roots. It's pretty easy too.



The first thing you have to do is melt a bit of coconut oil. Coconut oil is liquid at room temperature (which is why we keep it in the fridge) making it easy and quick to melt. I like to just barely melt it so that its a soft solid paste.



Then I part my hair or my sister's hair into four quadrants and slowly add the coconut oil to each quadrant. I do it like that in order to get the most oil to reach the scalp. You want the roots of your hair to be completely soaked through in order to get the most out of the coconut oil.



I put up the hair so that the tips can also soak in the coconut oil. While the treatment is supposed to be for your scalp, it also helps with your tips. The coconut oil will keep your hair shiny, strong, and protected. Keep the coconut oil in your hair for as long as possible (my sister can't stand the smell of coconut oil so she didn't last long) then wash your hair at least twice with shampoo. You want all the oil out of your hair.


My sister's hair was so soft and smooth afterward, we could not keep our fingers out of it! I really love this treatment. Its easy, quick, and has nearly immediate results.

What do you use coconut oil for?
XOXO