Monday, September 14, 2015

Coconut Oil {Body Scrub}

Hello Loves,
For my third installation of the coconut oil series I decided to make a body scrub using coconut oil. It is literally the smoothest and softest body scrub I've ever had. It basically melts in your hand and I want to use it all the time. It leaves my skin leaving super soft and moisturized.


To start you want some solid coconut oil (remember its a lot more melted than solid), sugar (white or brown or you can even use salt), microwave, and a refrigerator. If you live in a place that's as warm as it is here then you know that the coconut oil will be completely liquid if its not refrigerated, which causes a problem for bath scrubs!


one//separate the amount of coconut oil you want for your body scrub
I decided to start with a little bit because I wasn't sure how it would turn out.


two//melt the coconut oil (about 25 seconds in the microwave)


three//pour coconut oil into a mould for the bath scrub.
**I do NOT recommend using saran wrap


four//when the oil is room temp add the sugar. The amount of sugar is up to you, it all depends how coarse you want it. I used brown sugar.


five//refrigerate to harden


I had trouble getting it out of the saran wrap, it broke :(. After getting it out I remelted it a little and had it set in the red pot. It was easier to take it out of the red pot than it was to take it out of the saran wrap. It was hard to use in the shower because I take super hot showers so the coconut oil would melt super quickly. I'm still trying to figure out a way around that, but I don't believe I'll be stopping my use of this body scrub! Remember to scatter your use of the scrub or risk drying out your skin!

Check out my previous post!!
How do you use coconut oil?
XOXO