Friday, September 11, 2015

Patriot's Day

Hello Y'all,

This day is a tough day in history for many of us. It is a perfect time to sit down and reflect on life and how far we have come. I remember this day as if it were yesterday, and the world was never the same afterward. I want to say Thank you to all the men & women that are/have fought for our freedom and way of life. I want to acknowledge all the innocent lives lost because of this senseless tragedy and all the families that will never be the same.

539527_117991795016075_1398987636_n-e1347353201596

I remember this day like it was yesterday. I was in second grade when the planes hit the Twin Towers. I didn't even know what the Twin Towers were or even where NYC was. All I knew was that something horrible had happened. Class had just started when someone from the office walked into the class and whispered something to my teacher, then a TV was wheeled in. We were excited thinking we got a movie to watch, little did we know they just started playing the news. We watched the second tower go down on live TV. I have never seen anything as horrible as that before. Our teacher said nothing, we were just glued to the TV. Within minutes half the class had been picked up early. My mom decided to leave us in school. The rest of the day was spent playing outside, having snacks, drawing, and watching the news. School was cancelled for the rest of the week. We just stayed home watching the news. Hoping that the more we watched the news the more likely it would change. I won't forget seeing the President raise the flag in all that rubble. I will never forget seeing people jump out of the towers, the people emerging from the dust, the towers caving in, the plane flying into it, and the brave men and women that saved so many lives. From the first responders to the people inside the rubble to the passengers that did not allow the plane set for the White House to make it there. This was one of the saddest days in history and it should never be forgotten.


If you ask people where they were during the 9/11 attacks they have an immediate response. There are a million "suppose to be there" stories. My ex's dad was suppose to be on one of the planes that crashed into the towers but missed his flight. My best friend's dad worked in the White House but wasn't there when the attack was suppose to happen. My friend's dad worked in the World Trade Center but they were moving that day. I believe that these stories prove that where you are is exactly where you are suppose to be, I know it is easily refuted by the fact that so many people died that day; but so many people also lived. Now we are healing. 

Never Forget
XOXO