Sunday, February 28, 2016

Book Club: February 2016

Hello Loves!

This was a pretty eventful month of reading even though it was shorter! I really enjoyed all the books that I got my hands on. It was perfect timing to read Go Set A Watchman with Harper Lee passing away. It was shocking news, but a great tribute to a great writer. Naturally I also read some Tina, I think I'll be laying off the comedians for a while now.

Bossypants by Tina Fey
I was expecting this one to be like Amy Poehler or Mindy Kaling's books but it is actually very different. It was like reading her story completely uncut. I appreciated that she didn't cut out anything and talked about how her life actually was along with how she actually felt. It wasn't a candy coated version, that doesn't mean to say there weren't jokes and laughs along the way.

Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee
Fun fact before I talk about this book: Harper Lee and I are in the same sorority!! How cool is that? I really liked this book. If you haven't read To Kill A Mockingbird I think you should read that one first. It was a great novel! I loved reading it all and it was such a fun read. Definitely a must read.

Just recently Buzzfeed came up with a list of literary references made in Gilmore Girls so now I have about a million more books to put on my list! Check it out here.

What are you reading?
XOXO