Friday, February 12, 2016

Chocolate Monkey Bread {Recipe}

Hello Loves!!

I have been wanted to make Monkey Bread for the longest time! Ever since I first saw it on Pinterest I knew it was something I needed to make! I finally decided it was time to make the monkey bread. My sister and I decided to make it this past weekend and it was delicious, so I decided to share it with you all!


Ingredients:
- Two croissant dinner rolls (pillsbury tubes type)
- 1 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- powdered sugar (optional)

Steps:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F and spray an 8-in pan with cooking oil.
2. Unroll the doughs and lay them flat into rectangles making sure to press the perforations to seal them.
3. Cut the large rectangle to make about 48 squares. It is okay if you make more just try to keep them as even as possible.
4. Place about 8 pieces of chocolate in the squares and roll them into balls. Pinch to seal. Repeat with all the squares
5. In a small mixing bowl, pour and mix the sugar and cocoa. Roll the dough balls in the mixture then place them in the cake pan.

6. Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture on the dough. Pour the melted butter over the rest.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is no longer doughy.

8. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully unpan onto a plate, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.

It is absolutely delicious! It is also a perfect snack to bring for a Galentine's Day celebration.
Have you ever made Monkey Bread?
XOXO