Wednesday, March 23, 2016

How To Calendar Your Life

Hello Loves!

I love to-do lists!! They are my go to things. I like having everything in one place. I like knowing what needs to get done for that day or week. Its perfect for me to remember what I need to do. The only problem is making sure everything gets done in time. So once I get my to do list done I need to get a calendar done to make sure that I am actually productive. You know those days where productivity and motivation just aren't going to happen? Well I find that calendaring my time helps me get through those moments.



one// Make the default event duration in your calendar only 15 minutes
Most calendars like Google make the default timing approximately 30 to 60 minutes. That is completely unrealistic. Change the default to 15 minutes and not only will you get more done but you will be more effective when you get things done.

two// Time-block the most important things in your life first
Pre-schedule time blocks for sacred life events and career priorities. Those large meetings that need to get done. Don't forget to schedule in exercise time, date nights, or other items that are important to your everyday lifestyle.

three// Schedule everything
Don't check your email every few minutes, its counter-productive. You need to be able to  fully focus those fifteen minutes so schedule in those smaller things as well. Instead of just writing things on your to-do list actually schedule time in for it, then it'll get done.

I like using my to-do like as a starting block for my calendar. I like writing when I have things due and when I need to get things done. I found that once I started scheduling things, I actually got more productive and I finished up my to-do list!

XOXO