Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Book Club: May 2016

Hello my fellow clubbers!!

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend. Sadly, this month the only book I finished was one I needed for school. Since I was unable to finish or even start a new book I don't really have my monthly recommendation. I do try to read books every month and I will work on that for next month, I need to look up the different books that I want to read and then keep a list. Some of my friends have great GoodReads accounts, there are many different lists on different websites, so I wanted to come up with a fun list of Girl Boss books for May. Some of these I have read and the others are on my list.


one// Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
I read the graduate version of Lean In. Sheryl Sandberg is the definition of a Girl Boss. This is a re-read and I never re-read. You will love it too!

two// #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
My little sister read this one and absolutely loved it! She takes a fun route in how to make her dream- Nasty Girl- a reality. It literally took my sister a couple of hours to read. Definitely on the must read list.

Why Men Love Bitches, Sherry Argov
three// Why Men Love Bitches: A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship by Sherry Agrov
This book as been on my list for quite some time. This book is not Sherry telling us to be Bs to our significant others or to treat them badly. Instead she is giving advice on different things that may occur and how to implement techniques that will help you be more confident. Much of the advice she gives can actually be used in the workforce. So don't shy away. Go check it out.

I Am Malala, Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Peace Prize
four// I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! I cannot say any more good things about it. Malala is an inspiration. What you learn from her is that as long as you believe in something and you keep working toward it every single day you will achieve what you want to achieve. It doesn't take a lot of people or a lot of money it just takes a person that cares a whole lot.

Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office, Nice Girls Still Don't Get the Corner Office, Lois P. Frankel
five// Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office: Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers by Lois P. Frankel
Now Lois is not giving us a free pass to be a brat. Instead she is pointing out the little things women do in the office to be "nice" and how those things can actually be career pitfalls. Its time to own up to what we do and make a splash in our careers!

Secrets of Six-Figure Women, Barbara Stanny
six// Secrets of  Six-Figure Women: Surprising Strategies to Up Your Earnings and Change Your Life by Barbara Stanny
Honestly I'm in it for the name of the book! This book gives you the advice and tips you need to become that rising start in your corporation or work as a freelance blogger. We need to learn from our successful counterparts and take their advice to the future!

Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point
seven// The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell 
My mom first read this book from a friend's recommendation. I had no interest in reading it until I had to read a different Malcolm Gladwell book for class freshman year. Now I am a convert! His books are great and packed with great advice and information. He explains the art of little things making a big impact. It's all in the details.

Kate White, Cosmopolitan, I Shouldn't Be Telling You This
eight// I Shouldn't Be Telling You This by Kate White
Kate White was the Editor-in-Chief of Cosmo. And just like the book promises it is full of gutsy secrets and tips every women needs for her career! I really loved reading this book and would recommend it. She has many other books (non-fictions) to further satiate your need to read her advice!

What are you reading?
XOXO