Friday, June 24, 2016

Tips for Using Dry Shampoo

Hello Loves!

I used to wash my hair every day because of swim practice, then I slowed down and I would wash my hair every other day. Now you need to find a healthy balance for how often you wash your hair. You want your hair to be able to use its own natural oils. Overwashing your hair can be a real problem.

While you are in that intermediate time of washing your hair less and letting your hair adjust to this washing, your hair will have a crazy amount of oil and look greasy. This was the worst part for me. That is when I discovered Dry Shampoo! It was a life savior. I was able to try many different ones until I found the one that worked best for me.

With the extensive search for the best Dry Shampoo for me, I was able to develop a method for applying the shampoo.



You want to make sure that you really put the dry shampoo on your roots. I would suggest sectioning off your hair and spraying your roots and slowly working toward your part line then starting the same on the other side of your part. The sizes of your sections should depend on how oily your hair looks and how much dry shampoo you need to put on it.

Once you've up the dry shampoo in all your hair wait until it is white. Now this sounds counterintuitive, but the white means that the dry shampoo is working! Once all your roots are white use your fingers to blend in the shampoo. Really massage your scalp and roots until your hair is no longer white, but the color it is suppose to be.

Don't forget to put some dry shampoo on your hairline as well. When massaging your hair really focus on your hairline and part.

XOXO