Monday, July 25, 2016

Beach Bag Essentials

Hello Loves,

My family and I have been going to the beach for as long as I can remember and even before that. When I was little we used to go during the week and every single weekend. I am lucky to have grown up in a place that gave us such easy access to the beach. Because of our consistent visit to the beach, I pretty much have it down as to what I like to bring to the beach!



For starters I like to bring a nice big bag. There are very many cute beach bags or straw totes out there, but I tend to use this one. I use that one mostly because I like how large they are. They fit everything I need. It even fits a nice large towel.

Inside my bag I like to keep a smaller "cosmetic" type bag to store all the things that I don't want to get wet. I put my cellphone, money, headphones, keys, money, etc. It makes it easier to find the stuff instead of just throwing them into my bag and hoping it doesn't get wet.

Sunglasses are a definite must! Not just for fashion but also so to protect your eyes. You need to get UV protection for your eyes. Just like UV rays can harm your skin they can harm your eyes. I've had these for a while now! They are so nice and dark and give great UV coverage.

Along with the sunglasses comes something very important: Sunscreen!! I always use high SPF and active/water sport sunscreen. This one is important for going into the water. Another important thing I bring along is chapstick. Try to get one with SPF to avoid any lip burns. I am super susceptible to burns so it is very important to get some on me and to reapply often.

Now the sand, water, sun, and people watching is incredibly fun, there are some other fun stuff to bring along. I like bringing something to read or listening to music. Like I mentioned before, I slip my headphones into my little baggie and pull them out when I want to listen to some Carrie Underwood :).

After sitting on the sand for a while, I always end up in the water to cool off a little. That leads to Beach Hair! Beach hair is great because it gives this sun kissed, blown away look. This look can be a little hard to tame at times. This is why I suggest bringing a brush to detangle and maybe bringing a beach spray to leave the look but also tame the mane.

Lastly, don't forget to bring water with lots of ice!! Something that keeps the ice and water cold so you can enjoy it all day long. My family will pack snacks and plenty of drinks to make an entire day of it!

What's in your beach bag?
XOXO