Monday, July 18, 2016

Mountain State

Hello All!

I am officially back from West Virginia!! It was an amazing trip and experience. I got to meet people from all over the country. There were volunteers from Alaska and Hawaii! It was so fun. I got to meet people that have worked on over 30 different disaster relief operations and others that were on their first one just like me.


West Virginia is absolutely gorgeous! On some days we woke up before the sun would rise and get home as it was setting. We had the most amazing views (when we weren't inside all day). I had a great time with an amazing team. I learned so much, because now hopefully I can bring some of that knowledge back home! And now I have a whole lot of new friends.

One of the days I had the privilege of visiting a neighborhood that got badly affected by the floods. It was incredibly humbling to see. It was so incredible to see the families picking up and moving on. To see the children still playing and having fun. These strong people were not going to let the floods ruin their lives. That was my biggest take away. No matter how horrible the situation, it is your choice to constantly move forward that will propel you in life. 




Sleeves Up. Hearts Open. All In. 
XOXO