Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Getting Your Planner Ready

Hello All,

So at this point you already know that I am completely obsessed with planners. I color code them, take them everywhere with me, and use them to the point of destruction. My entire life is in my planner. I live by the motto "if it's not in my planner, it's not happening." But in order to use your planner you need to prepare it! Now this sounds crazy but bear with me....


one// Pick out your agenda
This is the most important part of the whole process. You need to get an agenda that matches your needs. I personally love agendas with ample calendars with plenty of notes space for my to-do list. Definitely shop around until you find the one that works best for you. Think about what it is that you will need.

two// Figure out your color coding
Color coding is super important to me because I have a lot of different things going on for different organizations and places. The reason I use the colors is so that I can easily pick out the stuff that I need by the colors.

three//Decide how you will use your planner
By this I mean will you use the calendar? Will you write to-do lists every week, day, month? How will you write what is due? Look for the way that works best for you. I like to write things down on the calendar then again in the weekly view and I make myself a weekly to-do list. You need to do what will make sense to you.

four//Write it down
Start using it! There will be some things you know should already be on there, write them in. Keep it with you and get in the habit of writing everything down.


How do you prepare your planner?
XOXO