Wednesday, August 24, 2016

How to be Ultra Productive

Hello Friends,

Over the years the one thing that has really bothered me is when I feel like I am wasting time. When I know I have a lot of different things to do, but I am being wasteful with my time. I'm always looking for more ways to get stuff done and waste less time.

I don't even care, this says Beyonce, therefore it will be pinned.:

one// Be friends with time
Most of us (me included) have a love-hate relationship with time. There's never enough of it, it flies when you're having fun, time is cruel, and so on and so forth. But every time you dub something your enemy you're going to have a rough time working with it. We all get the same 24 hours to get things done, so let's make time your new best friend.

two//Make your morning routine non negotiable
Having your mornings set up the same, helps get you up and going much faster. I like to check my emails, look at facebook, go over my to-do list and finish preparing my stuff for the day. Yes some days it takes me longer to get out of bed or even to do all the things on my list, but I try to keep it up as much as possible. Getting into that routine will help kick start each day and make sure you don't miss anything!

three//Use a calendar and planner
I LOVE planners and calendar. I think I can say this until I am blue in the face. If it's not on my planner it is not happening. I would be SO lost without it. Between my meetings and tasks that I need to complete it is essential to start scheduling ahead. So whether you use a digital calendar or a physical like mine you need to get started on planning. Everyone uses their calendar differently so find something that works for you!

four//Block out your time
This has probably helped me the most. Breaking down my days has helped them become more manageable and it helps me get more things done. If for example I plan 2 hour blocks for blog work I try to get as many blog related things off my to-do list. By looking at my to-do list I can really choose the things I need to complete in that blocked time.

five//Overestimate your time
Sometimes I think I'm faster at work than I really am. I know that some things will take longer than others, but I still don't give myself the proper amount of time. If you're like me you'll have to start overestimating your time. I started doing this to start working on my tardiness and it has been so helpful! Now I am going to apply it to my time blocks. Instead of giving myself 5 minutes for something I will give myself a couple extra minutes so I don't stress and I can accurately schedule myself.

six//Have a clean, organized workspace
Every time I sit at my desk and it is a cluttered mess, I know I won't get anything done. I also get more distracted, and more overwhelmed. The best way to get going for me is to clean out my desk and get things nice and organized. My mom always says "organized desk, organized life".

seven// Set up email rules
For work I need my email open at all times. I'm basically tied to it. In order to separate myself I did not put it on my phone. my personal emails are on my phone and I only check them twice a day. Limiting my email helps me be more productive and it gives me a break from constant needs. Create your own rules.

Begin:

eight//Say "no" more
Learn to say no! This is the most important part. When you are overscheduling yourself, and you cannot get things done it sucks. You feel stressed and crappy about it. In order to be more productive you need to schedule less and say no more. Learn to say no to things and it will help you keep your sanity.

nine// Sweat it out
This is the one I am worst at! I always schedule my workout times in my calendar then between one excuse and another I don't get around to it. I am looking at adding yoga to my morning routines. Workouts are great they boost your mood, brain, and ability to focus! It also relieves stress and it is a great break from the daily grind. So don't be like me and actually stick to your workout times!! Just 30 minutes a day. DO IT!

ten//Don't blow yourself off
You have to respect your time, your goals, and your work. Ignore invitations and distractions and take your work and deadlines seriously! You are worth it. Your goals are worth it. Your work is worth it.

How do you stay productive?
XOXO