Monday, October 10, 2016

DIY Apple Spice Soap Bar

Hello Friends!


Fall is such a fun season. While I have a hard time picking my favorite season I do like very specific things about each season. I really love the scents and feelings that come with fall. The cool bite in the air, all the falling leaves. Its wonderful! More than anything I really enjoy a good DIY to bring the feeling of the season. These will be a fun DIY to do. I am not very good at DIY but making soap is fun, this one is particularly quick,

DIY Apple Spice Bar Soap | CGH Lifestyle

Supplies:
Melt and Pour Soap Base (2llbs makes eight 4oz bars)
Soap Molds
Apple soap scent
Red soap coloring
Cinnamon
Vanilla extract (optional)

Cut the soap base up into 1 inch cubes, and place in a microwave safe bowl. I’d recommend using a glass measuring cup, as it makes for an easier time pouring and cleaning up. I didn’t have one on hand, so this glass bowl had to do. Microwave the soap base in 30 second increments. I did this about 3 times, stirring in between each interval. The time can depend on your microwave, as well as the type of soap used. If your soap provides instructions with a different recommended time amount, follow those. As soon as your soap cubes are completely melted, quickly stir in the apple soap scent, red soap color, and cinnamon. I also added a dash of vanilla extract to add a little extra something.

DIY Apple Spice Bar Soap | CGH LifestyleStir your soap until it’s completely combined, then pour into your molds. After pouring into the molds, gently tap to bring the bubbles to the top so they can pop.

DIY Apple Spice Bar Soap | CGH LifestyleLet your soap set overnight. I found the easiest way to take them out of the molds is to turn the mold over, then press gently on the bar of soap until it pops out. Depending on the type of mold you use (plastic, silicone, etc.), you may find an easier method. Enjoy a nice warm bath with your homemade apple spice soap, then wrap the rest of your bars in plastic wrap or baggies to use later!


What other soap scents would you try?
XOXO