Monday, December 12, 2016

Red Wine Hot Chocolate

Hello Loves!

Happy Winter! We finally reached that time of the year. Warm, cozy hot chocolate. Cuddling up. Watching a good movie. Now I don't know about you but we already eat chocolate with red wine, might as well put the red wine in the chocolate! It was so delicious when my friend and I made it, so I decided to share with you all.


This is a great recipe for winter. It is super thick and chocolatey. My friends and I added a little extra chocolate and wine so that we could get some more thickness. If you don't want it as chocolatey and thick add some extra milk as well, or leave the recipe as is.

Ingredients: 
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup fruity wine, such as Pinot Noir, Shiraz (we used Merlot)
- 1 cup of milk
- pinch of salt
- sugar, for serving

Instructions:
Bring the chocolate and wine to a simmer in a quart saucepan over a low heat; whisking until melted about 3 minutes. Add 2/3 cup milk and salt then bring to a boil while whisking for about three more minutes. Top off with the rest of the milk and pour out into two mugs.


Instead of adding the sugar for serving we added some marshmallows. I love hot chocolate and marshmallows! I will definitely be making this again and probably be trying some new fun hot chocolate recipes for winter!



Will you be trying it?
XOXO