Monday, January 9, 2017

2017 Goals

Hello Loves,

We are now over a week into the new year and I think I have finally narrowed down and revamped my goals for 2017. It took me a little longer this year because I wanted to come up with a plan on how I could tackle each goal. Usually I set these goals up and then I get completely discouraged by how large of an obstacle it feels in front of me.


Personal

Use Time Wisely

I find that I waste a lot of time most days. I look at an overwhelming to-do list and then I sit around and do nothing. Its like I am waiting for motivation to hit me instead of going out there and finishing what needs to get done and finding motivation along the way. I would really like to effectively use my time to accomplish all the things I want to get done.

Go To Sleep Earlier

Along with my previous goal, I just don't go to sleep early enough then I'm dragging through the day. I would also like to have a consistent bed time. This will tie into my fitness goals of this year.

Create & Stick to a Fitness Routine

I've had a really hard time with exercise last year. This year my friend, M, and I are determined to get into a routine together. It is much easier when you have a workout buddy! We are trying all sorts of different exercises and trainings.

Social

Stay In Touch

I have a really hard time keeping in touch with all my friends that have moved away. I really would like to continue staying involved in their lives. I need to reach out more.

Put Myself Out There

I am slowly working on getting out of my shell more. I am painfully shy so its hard to fight my instincts and to actually get out of the house. I would like to put myself out there more in terms of trying new things and being silly with my friends. I want to create more memories and not regret things.

Career

Gain Direction

I had a really hard time career-wise after graduation last May. I applied for more jobs than I care to count and got nothing. I didn't even get rejection emails. After one particularly hurtful rejection, I decided I'm going back to grad school. I have started applying for grad schools, but I still feel like I need some extra direction. I feel like I'm floating around waiting for something to happen instead of making it happen. I need to gain direction and create a dream to work toward.

Start Grad School

I am hoping, wishing, and praying that I'll get into grad school to start in the Fall of 2017. Wish me luck!

Continue to Grow

I would like to take each fail as an opportunity to grow. Grow my blog in numbers. Grow my dreams and reach toward the future.

I am looking forward to 2017. Hopefully it will be a year full of growth and fun. A year with many adventures and lots of stories. Along with all my goals my 101 in 1001 days challenge will be ending in March of 2017, so I will be creating a new list and reflecting on how much I was able to accomplish.

What are your goals for 2017?
XOXO