Monday, January 16, 2017

MLK Day of Service

Hello All!


Martin Luther King Jr Day is usually celebrated as a day of service. A day we all do something for someone else. To celebrate this year I helped teach a Pillowcase Project class which teaches children about fire safety and preparedness. It was so much fun. I really enjoy teaching the classes and I was able to help new volunteers that have never taught before how to teach the class.



I believe this day is not just about equality but about empowering each other to accomplish great things. Hopefully, I was able to empower the new volunteers to teach more classes and empower the children to have a real conversation about preparedness at home. It is never easy to know if you're making a significant difference or not, but every little step forward is a change, a difference!

What did you do on the Day of Service?
XOXO