Monday, February 6, 2017

Ski Trip!

Hello Friends!

This weekend I went on a ski trip! It was a blast. It had been a LONG time since I've been skiing, but it was good to get back into the rhythm of things. We went skiing in Winterplace, West Virginia. I must say it was such a cute, family skiing resort. There was a lot to do, a lot of space, and many runs for beginners.


It was a fairly cloudy day which added to the cold of the snow. Although it wasn't necessarily pretty outside, the skiing was great! It stayed in the low 20s for most of the time we were skiing but with the wind chill it did feel closer to the teens.


I had my entire face covered while skiing because of the snow flurries hitting our faces as we skied down. It felt like tiny ice knives attacking your eyes. I ended up doing a lot of eyes closed skiing, which luckily did not end up badly!


I had the most "ridiculously awesome" ski partner that planned out all our different ski runs so we could effectively go everywhere. He is also on ski patrol so I was extra safe! Lucky for me, I had someone help me up after falling. Don't worry I only fell twice.


You could say we were excited to go skiing this weekend! The snow was perfect, and the company was better. I enjoyed myself tremendously and I'm glad I went out to ski again. I wasn't as sore as I thought I'd be. 


Post-ski in our snow covered gear with a little sunburned faces. You could say this weekend was a total success!


And don't worry I didn't attempt the drop off..... Maybe next time ;)

Do you like to ski?
XOXO