Monday, March 20, 2017

How My 101 in 1001 Went

Hello Friends!

For the past 1001 days (about 3 years), I have been challenging myself to complete a list of 101 things. I have learned a lot of things about myself along the way. I can honestly say that it was one of the most difficult and exciting things I've done. My entire life I've been waiting for something (high school to end, college graduation, grad school, a job, etc.) until I felt like I could start working on some of my longer term goals. I was so wrong! Why couldn't I start working on things now? By having a timeline and written goals, I was able to complete more things. I learned about myself and I've enjoyed life more. Now its not just a life of "hopefully", now its time for me to live life! Get what I want.


I learned a lot in these past 1001 days. The biggest takeaway was that just because you want something doesn't mean its going to automatically happen. You have to put in the work. Now I know this sounds silly, but hear me out. I made this list and I knew these were goals I wanted, but if I didn't proactively work on them, nothing would occur. Obviously, some things are easier to do than others, but at the end of the day its on you. You have to plan and work on it.

Obviously, I'm not entirely happy that I did not complete all 101 things. I wish I had, but it didn't happen. What I noticed was I am not the same person that came up with the list. I didn't have all those goals anymore. I am really happy that I was able to complete the 60 items that I did complete. There are a few disappointments, like the reading list and the tying a tie and getting a job. I was just a couple of books away from completing my list :(.



In the upcoming days, I will be writing my 101 in 1001 days part 2. I absolutely want to do this again! I loved this experience. I loved having actual goals to work toward. More than anything I loved being able to enjoy my life and not just wait around. I feel like I am fully living my life. It is also a great way to start crossing off things from my bucket list.


What should I put on my list?
XOXO