Monday, March 27, 2017

Weekend Adventure

Hello Friends!


This past weekend was absolutely crazy busy! I had some fun, went on a quick trip, and came back in time for a ball. I thought I would share some of the fun I had with you all today. It was a great time and I am really looking forward to a quiet weekend this week.


Thursday morning I headed to the airport for a quick trip to Columbus, Ohio. This was very short trip. I was there for a meeting that I couldn't do over Skype. Luckily, I got to visit the university in Columbus. Sadly, I was not able visit most of the city surrounding the campus.


It was a beautiful couple of days before I had to fly back home. It wasn't all that cold so I could really stand walking around and enjoy my time. Friday afternoon I flew back home. So typically I like to pick up some present for my family when I travel and since I didn't have any time to gather anything in Columbus I ended up buying the most delicious popcorn in the airport in Chicago.


As I have said many times now, I work as a volunteer in the American Red Cross. It is so fun. This Saturday my chapter celebrated its 100th year of service. This was celebrated as a ball. We had a great time. I got to meet so many amazing people that allow the Red Cross to help all of its clients.


They had this fabulous idea of dressing a Red Cross club as nurses from different decades of the Red Cross history. We had nurses from the 1910s-1970s. Plus a man from WWI. They were such a hit with all the guests. Since March is Red Cross month there really was no better time to celebrate than now. I look forward to keep celebrating all the amazing accomplishments our chapter has achieved.


An artist painted this during the ball. Thursday-Saturday have been incredibly busy. So I was able to take Sunday off and totally relax. My mom, sister, and I were able to watch Great British Bake Off. It is our favorite cooking show. We spend plenty of time watching it and trying to bake things we saw on TV. We have our own Sunday Bake Days to copy recipes from the show.


What did you do this past weekend?
XOXO