Friday, May 5, 2017

DIY Date Jar + Date Ideas

Hello Friends!

As I just recently talked about, I'm in a long distance relationship which can make date nights difficult. Because we don't live in the same place, we have lots of ideas for dates and stuff to do, but when the time comes we tend to forget. There's just so much stuff we want to do together, by having our date jar with a place to keep our ideas it keeps us on our toes and doing lots of fun stuff. We have even added a couple of more things for long distance dates. We have, also, added some sillier dates.


Making the Jar

Making the jar is actually super easy! Its nothing to stress about. You can make it your own. You can make it as elaborate or as simple as you want. All you need is an empty jar (or even a can can work), some glue, and decorating supplies. I kept mine really simple and actually drew a design that I then glued onto the jar. If you're not up to crafting you can just print out your own design. I would suggest using scrapbook paper for the label across the front. Get creative with it!

Adding the Dates

You need large craft sticks and I would suggest a paint pen. I used sharpies. You can also type and print out our date ideas and glue them to the sticks. I almost did that because my handwriting is the WORST. Its really simple and fun!

Date Ideas

  • Stargazing
  • Movie Night
  • Watch the Sunset
  • Go to the Zoo
  • Go Out for Ice Cream
  • Backyard Picnic
  • Taco Night
  • Happy Hour
  • Walk in the Park
  • Homemade Pizza
  • Go hiking
  • Build a Fort
  • Bake Something from Scratch
  • Go Minigolfing
  • Start a Tradition
  • Try Out a New Restaurant
  • Build a Fire & Roast Marshmallows
  • Breakfast for Dinner
  • Go to Brunch
  • Go to a Museum
  • At Home Spa
  • Make a Bucket List Together
  • Go Ice-Skating
  • Play Trivia
  • Wine & Paint
  • Go to a Carnival
  • Get a Couples Massage
  • Play Mad-Libs
  • Visit Garage Sales
  • Volunteer Together
  • Cook Together
  • Go Horseback Riding
  • Puzzle Night
  • Plan a Dream Vacation
I'm sure there are a lot of other ideas out there for people to do! I tried to get some low-budget or at home ideas. I know for us, being long-distance, we like to try out the at-home one. We also enjoy doing Skype dates. Especially watching movies.

What would you add to the date jar?
XOXO