Friday, July 7, 2017

DIY Coffee Body Scrub

Hello Friends!


I LOVE body scrubs. I mean not going to lie, I'm a huge fan of all bath/body products. I have a tendency to overestimate how much stuff I will be able to use in a given time period. I usually have a ton of half-full containers of forgotten beauty products in the graveyard that is my bathroom. Now, if you are a beauty aficionado like myself, you know all too well the havoc that some of these can wreak on your bank account.


So this is where a DIY scrub comes in. I think making my own body scrubs is so fun. I really like knowing what is in my scrubs. I like seeing what goes into it. I like managing it so I can make it feel exactly how I want it to feel. All our skins react differently to different ingredients and DIYing definitely helps personalize your skin care.

One of my favorite things about this scrub (and most DIY scrubs) is that they are easy to make with few ingredients. Most of these are in your pantry:


  • 1 cup coffee grounds
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup coconut oil
Basically you mix it all together until it makes a nice consistency. I like recipes like this because you can play with the recipe. You can customize it for yourself. The best part of this recipe is that each ingredient has a specific and targeted benefit for you skin. Here's some FYI on the different ingredients:

Coffee: exfoliates, decreases inflammation, reduces appearances of cellulite, improves circulation, smoothes skin

Brown Sugar: exfoliates, reduces appearances of cellulite, moisturizes

Honey: antibacterial, full of antioxidants, soothes and smoothes skin

Vanilla Extract: high concentration of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, scent

Coconut Oil: anti-aging properties, moisturizes and softens skin



What body scrubs do you like?
XOXO