Monday, August 7, 2017

Why I Choose to Wax My Legs

Hello All!!

I was finally able to convince my little sister to come wax her legs with me (not in the same room). It has been something I've been trying to get her to do for a while, which inspired this post today! I wanted to go through the reasons why I choose to wax, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I also wanted to go through the things you want to look for and be aware of when getting waxed.


one//Smooth Legs

While shaving cream helps moisturize your legs, waxing actually removes the dead cells from the areas being waxed. Because of this, waxing is essentially like a giant exfoliant. The wax helps reveal soft and smooth skin. It makes your skin look pampered and beautiful.

two//Longer Lasting

Since waxing basically rips the hair out of your legs at the root instead of cutting it like a razor does. The hair gets uprooted. So it takes a longer time for the hair to regrow in that region.

three//In the Long Run, Hair Might Cease to Grow

When you wax a particular area over and over again, the hair growth in that area reduces. This is because the hair follicles are damaged. The hair comes out less healthy and thinner because the roots are weakened. Basically, the longer you wax, the less often you'll have to wax in the future. 

four//Best for Some Areas

I don't know about you all, but I have such a hard time reaching some places or it's awkward. I also have a hard time with water running down my legs and making shaving harder. Waxing is hands down the best way to get rid of unwanted hair around the groin. It is safer for that area of your body as well, no scary metal razors in your sensitive areas.

five//You won't Cut Yourself

This is probably one of the biggest reasons why I wax! I used to cut myself all the time. If the razor isn't sharp or if it's older or it has too many uses of it, then it's easier for us to get cut! While getting small nicks and cuts on your legs are not the end of the world, but in more sensitive areas it can lead to excruciating pain, discomfort, and even infections. Yes, you'll pain when your hairs are pulled out, but it's safer and more sanitary than shaving.


Tips for Waxing:

  • Make sure your hair is about 1/4-3/4 of an inch
  • Tell your beautician if the wax is too hot
  • If you're waxing at home, don't let the wax be too cold
  • Make sure you read Yelp reviews and that your waxing place is sanitary
    • Changing sticks (no double dipping)
    • Clean work space
  • Take Advil/Tylenol before waxing if you have a low pain tolerance
  • Do not moisturize before waxing
  • Exfoliate your legs in the weeks between your waxing appointments
  • Avoid waxing while on your period
  • For legs or bikini area I'd recommend going to a professional


Do you wax or shave?
XOXO